Monday, July 9, 2018

The twirly baptism dress

Every little girl needs to feel like the princess she is, and this dress does just that. This pattern has been in my sewing room for a while. I always thought it would be a cute dress for a flower girl dress, but it never happened.

What it did happen for is my granddaughters baptism dress.  She had asked me to make her one. Of course, I said I would.  She wanted a yellow sash, but other than that, I was free to do what I wanted.


This dress has pleats instead of gathers.  In the petticoat that attaches to the dress, there is a total of 656 inches of gathered tulle.



I knew the dress was full, but was not aware of how full, until the photographer spread the dress out.  I love it as does she.  This dress also has a great twirl factor.

Her little sister has requested the same dress for her baptism,  but she wants a pink sash.  The pattern for this dress is now out of print, but is Butterick 5705.  Can I make a recommendation?   When buying a pattern you think you will love, but it in all the size combinations. I am sad that I can't get it in bigger sizes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi , if this is Butterick 5705 I’m desperately looking for the pattern . Would you consider selling or putting on loan at all please ?

    ReplyDelete